Friday 20 May 2011

Nails and Fails

So, I am having a particularly unpleasant exam season.
But enough on that! Look at my nails!
Snazzy, no?
I was worried that, due to my pretty nails and knitting skills, you might all think I was artistically skilled. I don't want to lead you on, so here are some pictures from my design notebook. These are my best sketches, and I usually work from the picture writing the pattern as I go.
This is a cape. It's going to be one of my first projects for the summer. It's black and will be knitted up on 8-10 mm needles in doubled up DK black wool. I'll then get a test knitter and put up the pattern in my shop!

This is a Carmen Miranda/Bjork inspired headband festooned with multicoloured pom-poms. See how happy my model is to wear it! It has a pencil cross on it because I made it, although the one I made had fewer pom-poms. Feel free to try this design yourself!

This is what I'm currently knitting. The idea is you wear the hood as a sort of bonnet/cowl and you keep your hair dry without ruining your haircut unduly. I don't know if anyone would actually want to wear it...I have a friend in mind who I think would love it, but his style is unique, ie super-gay. Please note also the prophetic statement regarding meerkats, and another smiling model. No high fashion grumpy pouts here! I'll possibly be putting up this pattern too, interest dependent, but I think that the wool I'm using to make it is the real reason it's coming out so nicely. This is what test-knitters are for, I suppose.
If anyone wants to volunteer for test knitting, leave me a comment. All of you, try not to be jealous of how blessed I am with good looks, charm and artistic ability. I'm sure there are lots of things that you can do that I can't. If we were all the same, then everyone would be wearing knitted hoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment